Paying for Training...
Other than out of pocket or employer funded, one of your options is the …
EDUCATIONAL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
This program is EASY to apply for and designed to provide scholarship funding for child care professionals. EIP is funded by the NY State Office of Children & Family Services and administered by the State University of New York (SUNY). Scholarships are awarded based on income. If you qualify, you may receive up to $1,500 for The EIP year!
Applicants may apply for scholarships for:
APPLY IMMEDIATELY- FUNDS ARE LIMITED!
1. EIP will fund a maximum of $30 per hour for any non-credit bearing courses, workshops, conferences, etc. The Individualized Training Program (ITP) maximum rate is $55 per hour. The maximum scholarship for non-credit bearing courses is $750.00.
2. The SUNY EIP Application has an on-line process. You may submit your application on-line for training taking place in 2012. You must still forward your supporting documentation by fax or mail. SUNY FAX # - 1-518-472-5999
3. Submission deadline dates are set by SUNY. Providers are responsible for applying based on the course deadlines set in the SUNY EIP 2012 pamphlet. Submission Deadline for trainings January 1-June 30, 2012, is December 2, 2011 –June 1, 2012. Submission Deadline for trainings July 1-December 31, 2012, is between May 5, -December 1, 2012.
4. You may be eligible to access up to $1,500 per EIP Year. Depending on your income, you may qualify for 75%, or 100% of your requested course cost. Refer to the income charts in the EIP information booklet to determine what percentage of your course cost EIP may cover.
5. We recommend that applicants apply for EIP funds at least four weeks before training begins. EIP will send applicants a voucher in the amount awarded. In the event your award letter does not arrive before your training takes place, we are asking that providers pay for the training in advance. CFR will not hold checks for fees due and all checks will be cashed upon receipt. Once EIP voucher is received by CFR, providers will be issued a refund for their payment.
6. Once approved by SUNY, providers will receive an “EIP VOUCHER”. Providers must verify the accuracy of the information included and sign & date the voucher before turning it into the training organization. Please mail awards and payments to Child & Family Resources, Inc., 41 Lewis Street, Suite 103, Geneva NY 14456.
7. Please remember, the training organization name may be different from the training site. (“Sponsoring Organization" = Child and Family Resources, Inc. - Please do not list the site of training as the sponsoring organization when completing your EIP application)
8. Participants must use the 2012 EIP Application when applying for training taking place in the 2012 calendar year. If your training carries over into 2013, you must apply for that portion of the training costs using the 2013 EIP application.
9. Our professional development staff cannot contact SUNY EIP regarding application status or issues without a written consent form signed by the provider. YOU must maintain contact with the SUNY EIP department. If you need verification of attendance for EIP purposes we would be glad to provide a letter to SUNY EIP verifying attendance or can fax a copy of your certificate.
10. If training is cancelled the provider must call SUNY to return the award. If the training is rescheduled
the provider must call SUNY to have the award reissued with the correct date.
You may also check the SUNY website to request or view status of your application: www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu call SUNY at 1-800-295-9616.